Schools & Community Groups
Wachiay Studio has 2 screenprinting programs designed specifically for schools and community groups to introduce youth to the thrill of making things with their own hands. Screenprinting is fun, and functional!
1. An introductory print-your-shirt program suitable for all ages - elementary school groups, high school age, elders clubs and families. Groups up to 60 people.
Along with pulling prints in our studio we can also provide an introductory visit to a classroom, to explain the process of screenprinting and what it is used for in the modern world (not just shirts! - cell phones and solar cells are also made with screenprinting)
Working with the teacher we can help the class come up with a group design to be printed on the shirt – (or you can pick a OneTribe design) A visit is then scheduled to the studio, where everyone gets to print their own shirt or hoodie.
To quote one student after they finished "This was THE BEST SCHOOL TRIP EVER!!"
2. Screen the World program. We are now into the 2nd year of this program and are actively looking for schools or community arts groups/maker spaces who want to be involved.
We partner with a school - elementary or high school - to set up a small scale screenprinting studio in their school, capable of printing posters, t-shirts, and much more.
The program includes
- teacher training in our facility,
- plans and assistance for construction of most equipment by PAC or in-school shop class,
- installation and training in the school with teachers and student leaders
- startup inventory of screens, meshes, squeegees, inks, emulsion
- ongoing support to grow the program at the school, including fundraising ideas and grant assistance.
Please contact us for more details at email@example.com or give a call to 250-338-7793 ext. 263.