Date and Time:
June 24, 2023 10:00 am - June 25, 2023 - 5:00 pm
Wachiay Studio, 1625 McPhee Ave, Courtenay, BC, V9N 3A6, Canada
Are you new to printing, looking for a refresher, or interested in learning new screenprinting methods?
In this two-day workshop, you will gain hands-on experience as you are introduced to the basic fundamentals of screen printing. This includes how to:
- Make art for screenprinting
- Coat and expose screens with art
- Set up a multicolour job
- Print onto paper and textiles using water-based inks
This course is all about hands-on learning and creating.
The studio is home to a wide range of manual and automatic equipment and provides a great opportunity to learn on different presses. With up-to-date techniques, this course aims to make you more efficient and give you better printing results.
No experience necessary!
What to expect:
- Studio tour
- Introduction to the 8 Basic Steps of Screen Printing
- Stencil-making: materials, tools, and film
- Screens: coating, exposing, and reclaiming
- Pull your first print; see the relationships between the various elements of the screen printing process and how they all work together.
- Students create and print their own simple designs
- We make an attempt to accommodate small runs of art prints, textiles, or other materials.
We have your back!
Having trouble printing at your own home or studio? Feel free to bring samples and we can dissect problems and offer solutions to a range of issues.
We are committed to helping you continue to print after you have finished the course; this includes teaching how to make simple presses, exposing frames, and washout booths to use at home or in your own studio.
This price includes materials and membership to Screen the World. Please note: garments are not provided. Transportation and accommodation are not included, but we will happily help you find both.
$50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold a place. Full payment is due two weeks prior unless other arrangements are made. You will be refunded or rebooked to another date if the course is cancelled due to low enrollment.
Do you need any screenprinting skills?
Nope, no experience necessary!
Do you need to be 'artistic' to screenprint?
You don't need to be 'artistic'. Screenprinting is a technique that anyone can learn.
Will my clothes get dirty?
We are working with inks designed to stay on clothes. While we have aprons for you to use, accidents do happen so we recommend wearing clothes you are comfortable with getting permanently stained.